Saturday 20 May 2017

Just a Groom

So I have taken the plunge, and I am SO excited to announce that I have published my first book... Just a Groom.



Elsa Aldridge pours her blood, sweat and tears into being the best possible groom that she can be for up-and-coming event rider Sophia Hamilton. But when fellow competitor Frederick Twemlow snatches away their top horse, everything they have ever worked for is on the brink of falling apart before their eyes.
Frederick Twemlow is gorgeous, rich, popular and at the top of the eventing ranks. When he sets his sights on something, he doesn't stop until he gets it. So when he begins to make eyes at Elsa, they both know it's only a matter of time before Frederick gets what he wants. Desperate to despise him for tipping their yard into turmoil, and to prove her loyalty to Sophia; for how long can Elsa resist his charms?


I have been working on this for a while now, and it is the first in my exciting new series Hearts & Horse Trials. Having had various different grooming jobs before settling down to a desk-job, I found the writing of this came very easy to me. Grooms are a vital component to the success of horse and rider at all levels across all disciplines, and are often underrated, so it was only natural for me to want to share this story through the eyes of a groom, when so many focus just on the rider. I hope it will be refreshing and inspiring to experience that grooms really are anything but Just a Groom. I am delighted to share Elsa's journey with you.

It is available to buy as an ebook on Amazon. You can find a free preview here.

Please, please do leave a review. If you enjoyed it, then please tell your friends! If you didn't enjoy it, then why not? Constructive criticism is always welcome here, otherwise how will I ever make things better for you? :-) 

If you are thinking of choosing a groom as a career, then I cannot think of anything more rewarding! But be prepared to work very hard. Check out the British Grooms Association for a point in the right direction.

6 comments:

  1. Loved your book. Couldn't put it down!
    Mortified at the end, when is the next book out?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it, thanks for dropping by! You'll be pleased to hear that I have almost finished Book 2 and I hope to have it published by Christmas :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for book 2, what a rollercoaster!
      It's official, I am addicted - please tell me book 3 is soon...?! Xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely loved the book and cannot wait for the next! Please tell me it will be coming out as promised. Leaving a 5 star review on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved the book but I was pretty sad at the ending, it’s keeping me on my toes so I’m pretty curious... when is the next book coming out??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie! I am an Italian translator and rider, and I just finished Just a groom. I wanted to tell you that I liked it very much, but (ha, here comes the-I hope- constructive criticism :-p) I'm a bit frustrated by your use of semicolons... sometimes you seem to use them instead of commas, and sometimes you do separe subject and verb with a semicolon... I find it a bit strange, I was wondering if it's a style quirk of yours or something different. Other than that, it's a very nice story :)

    ReplyDelete